In August/September 2016, a delegation from TH Köln went to Myanmar on a fact finding read more ...
Environment and Climate Change Adaptation
Two German M. Sc. Programs for South East Asia
Rapid economic development and continued population growth in South-East Asia causes over exploration, pollution and degradation of natural resources as well as conflicts over natural resources. This pressing issues are accelerated by the growing impacts of climate change. To address these challenges there is a growing demand on experts with a sound background in natural resources management.
Therefore, the Vietnam Academy for Water Resources (VAWR) in Hanoi (Vietnam) together with the Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT) are offering two joint MSc. exchange programs especially for the region:
Focus on Natural Resources Management
For these two year master programs, ITT and VAWR award a fully recognized German Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree.
The international oriented programs give students from Asia the opportunity to start their studies in Hanoi, Vietnam with a regional focus and to exchange for one semester to Germany.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- An exchange semester in Cologne, Germany
- German M.Sc. Degree issued by TH Köln
- A program based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), accredited in Germany
- German and Vietnamese professors from ITT and VAWR as well as external institutions
- Individual tutoring through E-learning platforms
- A worldwide alumni network and summer schools
- Network partners in universities, research institutions, the public and private sector and the development aid sector
- Support to pursue higher qualification (Ph.D) in Germany and Vietnam
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- have a professional or academic background related to the water sector
- be fluent in English (TOEFL 550 point or IELTS Band 6)
- be willing to take up leadership positions in the future
- be highly motivated to learn and work in an international environment
WHAT ARE YOUR PERSPECTIVES?
- Excellent career opportunities in international cooperation and development assistance
- Leadership positions in the public and private sector
- Being part of a network of excellence on IWRM or NRM